vrijdag 19 oktober 2012

You know you've been in Riga, Latvia too long when.. [a selection of my favorites]

Recently a friend from Riga showed me this blog post:
http://balelins.blogspot.com/2010/04/you-know-youve-been-in-riga-latvia-too.html

I like it very much. I will just list those of which I fully agree on and/or have experience(d) myself, letting you know how I feel about Latvia so far.

[1. you try to prove everyone that Latvia is in Northern Europe, not Eastern
2. tall blonde beauties in short skirts are nothing special for you anymore
4. when you see 5 cars in a row, you think you caught up in the busy traffic again
6. you get used to explain abroad where Latvia is
8. you are proud that Latvian Lat is the most expensive currency
21. you’ve learned the hard way that a triangle means women’s toilet and a triangle upside down means men’s
23. you think drunkards shouting at you in Russian are a normal part of life
27. you see someone smiling in public, you think: well, a bloody foreigner
34. you feel guilty entering a flat wearing your shoes
37. you love the Baltic Sea and go swimming there at nearly any temperature
80. you don't know anyone who speaks less than 2 languages, and just few who speaks less than 3]

The only thing I don't agree on that you cannot be too long in Riga, Latvia. At least, for me it is not long enough yet! Luckily I still have a few more months to enjoy.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten