zondag 19 augustus 2012

Riga Black Balsam Mix, a cure for cold?


When I am writing this it is the third day in a row that I am suffering from a cold.
In an attempt to solve this I tried to eat some more fruit and drink some tea, but without any definite results.
Hence, today I tried a recommended mix of Riga Black Balsam with (hot) milk and honey. Riga Black Balsam is a very famous drink here in Riga which is used in various forms (in coffee, in tea, in cocktails and probably a lot more). Time will tell if it also works for me. I didn't add to much of Balsam to the mix since I didn't want to put myself on an overdose of this 45% liquor, also not knowing what are the right proportions with regard to Balsam, milk and honey in a glass I used. I believe normally you would get about 40ml, being one shot in a bar.
--------------
''Black Balsam is also used in traditional medicine. It is considered to be a good cold remedy and is used to treat digestive problems.  It has been made in Riga since the middle of the 18th century. According to legend, EmpressCatherine the Great of Russia, became ill during a visit to Latvia, but was cured after drinking Riga Black Balsam.''

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riga_Black_Balsam




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten