dinsdag 11 september 2012

Jurmala

One of the most famous tourist attractions outside Riga is the beach in Jurmala. When you want to go here from Riga you can simply go to the central station and buy a cheap return ticket for the train, it will only cost you 1.95 Ls (or about 2.80 EUR)! Then once you get off at stop Majori it is another 12-15 minutes walk to reach the beach. Actually, I have been told that most Latvians know better places to reside at the seaside. Yet, I consider Jurmala to still be a good place to relax. I have learned that it is common for Latvians (or at least part of them) to stay in their private vacation home near the beach to spend the weekend. But since I never went to any of these places, I can only offer some pictures of Jurmala. 


As you might have noticed, it is not really sunny on the picture on the top left. Currently, I have been to Jurmala three times. The first time I went it was only 15 degrees on a Sunday, not really qualifying as a 'Sunny Sunday' as such. To make matters worse, I was informed that it was 30 degrees on the same day in The Netherlands. Indeed, August and summer in general hasn't been that great in Latvia. Let's hope winter will make up for it!! 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten