woensdag 5 september 2012

Passed my first exam!

First of all, I have to conclude that I failed in trying to keep my blog up to date on a weekly basis.
My apoligies for those who have checked and found out that there were no new entries.
However, I have experienced enough to write about!

Most importantly, I passed my EILC (Erasmus Intensive Language Course) Latvian with a 7! To my great surprise, it even says on my diploma that it is worth 6 ECTs, something which I have to check with my Home University for sure!

Other then that, I would also like to provide a short recap of the course itself.
We had about 19-21 hours of class each week, but not only Latvian language! We have done:
● Welcome meeting & afternoon (double party! - with national snacks)
● Excursion outside Riga,  Sigulda* or "Switzerland of Latvia"
● City Tour: Art Nouveau Riga
● Visit to Riga Art Nouveau Museum
● Riga City Festival (on own occassion - highlights   recommended)
● Visit to Museum of the Occupation of Latvia
● Cooking lesson


● Visit to the Latvian Ethnographic Open-air Museum
● Closing party

Pictures are lacking, but I have some of the cooking lesson! These will be shown in my next blog entry, including the recipe. Naturally, it is written in Latvian, which may cause some problems!
It also did for me, but Google Translate should be able to help you out quite a bit.
Be careful with that though, as Google Translate does not always provide the correct translation. Unfortunately, I discovered this the hard way. Luckily there are plenty of substitutes which do function a lot better, but these are most likely unnecessary for your needs.
---
*For those interested in visiting Sigulda in their lifetime, it is recommended to go there in the middle of September or in October.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten