maandag 5 november 2012

[ESN EVENT] Incredible HALLOWEEN Party

Last Friday I went to the Halloween event organised by ESN Riga, named ''Incredible HALLOWEEN Party''. The venue was  Paddy Whelan's (www.pub.lv), an Irish pub in Riga.
Another ESN Event (''Dress like a sir''), meeting up with exchange students from Lithuania, was also held here. Luckily, this time it was less crowded and because of that a bit more comfortable. As for the dress code, maybe not surprising, the best Halloween costume you can get!
Whilst I have tried to shop around in both Old Town (Vecrīga) and City Centre, I was not able to find something extraordinary. I also was a bit late in trying to find a custome, and as such was not able to visit all the shops I intended (as I either could not find them or already being closed).
Either way, here are some places where you can have a look yourself if you ever intend to pursue a similar hunt:

- Tiger (TC "Galleria Riga", Dzirnavu iela 67, Rīga)
- www.kostimi.lv (Ropažu iela 60A, Rīga)
- Duni (Kr. Barona iela 31, Rīga)
- Tiimari (in Origo shopping centre; Stacijas laukums 2, Rīga)

There are also plenty of second and charity shops, see: www.riga-guide.com/guide/second-hand-charity-riga. Whilst I never visited any of the shops listed it seems worthwhile to check them out to see what's on offer. It is places like this where you could possibly find cheap second hand sheets to make a 'DIY (do it yourself) traditional Halloween ghost costume'.

In the end I bought a mask at Duni and some face paint in a kid store (since it seems I lost my previous face-paint set) in Galerija Centrs (a big shopping centre in Old Town). To my surprise, the clowny face paint I bought was a Dutch product. Indeed, they really import a lot in Rīga, more than just foods & drinks from the supermarket (where me and others
 noticed a similar trend).

As time progressed I offered the mask I bought to friend(s) who did not have anything to wear at the party. The mask was intended as back-up plan when my face-paint would turn out to be dreadful. Luckily I did not have to pursue plan B. When I wanted to do my 'make-up' my roommate offered to do it for me. I agreed and we used a picture of Google Images for inspiration. 
I discovered that my roommate has real talent! You can be the judge of that as well, simply look at the picture taken. It was also cool to see that other people at the party also made an attempt to adhere to the dresscode, making it difficult for me to recognise some people! Clearly, one of has done a good job if this is the case. So much for describing this experience, maybe I will try out even more face paint experiments in the future?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten