zaterdag 15 september 2018

Return to Latvia pt. 5: sleeping at the bus station

After the Granatos Live festival I wanted to go back to Vilnius to change my bike. That is, it was likely that I crashed in Vilnius because my back tire had no profile on it.

It took some time (even when asking different people at the festival) to find the station but then after a manager looked on Google Maps I managed to get to the station in Pravieniškės I.

I, however, took the wrong train and ended up in Kaunas. When I arrived I bought a simcard so I could call a family member which then could look online to see if there were still any hostels available in Vilnius. Unfortunately there was no reception, I could call to Lithuanian numbers only.
A pay phone did not made reference to call to Dutch numbers. The operator couldn't help me.
And as the last train from Kaunas to Vilnius just left, it not even being that late, I was stranded in Kaunas. Not wanting to cycle kilometers outside Kaunas to go to a camping or camping out in the wild, I chose the bus station as an alternative.

It was modern in the sense that it had power sockets that I used to charge my phones and battery pack. And it was warm so I decided to sleep there. In retrospect, it does not come recommended sleeping at a bus station on a chair.

Next up: covering lost ground

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten