woensdag 19 september 2018

Visiting Rundāle Palace

When I arrived in Riga I had a week left to meet with friends and do daytrips.
I ended up meeting a lot of my friends (yay!) and also had the opportunity to visit Rundāle Palace.
Of all the regularly recommended daytrips (Cēsis, Jurmala, Sigulda, Rundāle Palace) I have done all except to visit Rundāle Palace. Now was the time!

My attempt to go by bike failed as I could not find the way when trying to navigate by the sun.
The roads were also terrible for if you need to go a long way (% sandroads too high). So the next day I went there by bus. Honestly, it was kind of painful as I had done everything by bike before. But my main goal was to reach Riga by bike so I made peace with having at least achieved that goal and went to Rundāle  by bus. Here are some pictures for you to see:


I went and can say I do not regret going. On the way back the last regular bus already passed.
Luckily I could still take the minibus. For future travel, I learned to be more careful to check the timetable of transportation possibilities. At this place you need to get back (or at least start to think about getting back) at the end of the afternoon or else you might get stuck.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten